Hello there, my name is Darlene! I am an entrepreneur, writer and established podcast producer. I began my business in 2008 and have been creating online content ever since. My first audio podcast, A Virtual Perception, was created on a whim. The show provided business resources and inspiration to the Virtual Assistant industry. The show went on to be nominated for a PodCast Award in 2009 and again in 2010.
I then went on to create several other podcasts, including Inspiration to Grow On which showcased stories from inspiring individuals and Straight Up Entrepreneur, a podcast that took a no-nonsense approach to business. My current podcast, Inspired Entrepreneur’s Guide, encourages budding entrepreneurs (or those stuck in a funk) to stop dreaming and start doing.
As a digital media marketing support service provider, I assist clients with the management of their online content; including podcast production, audio editing, eNewsletter and content management, website maintenance and social media update scheduling.
When I am not working, I enjoy running, going to the gym, and spending time with family and friends. In September 2014, I competed in my first half-marathon. I look forward to participating in more races in the years to come! I enjoy curling up with a good book and a nice hot cup of tea when it’s time to unwind and stop moving.Ready to start? Let’s chat!
What I Know
Below is a list of programs and skills I am proficient.
- Podcast management, production, consulting and creating
- Programs: Audacity, Adobe Soundbooth
- Programs: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premiere, Camtasia
- eNewsletter Management and Design
- Platforms: Mailchimp, Constant Contact, Aweber, Vertical Response, Opt-in boxes
- PDF Creation and Editing
- Programs: Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Website Maintenance, Management and Design
- Platforms: WordPress, Squarespace, HTML, CSS and PHP
- Social Media Scheduling and Updates
- Platforms: Hootsuite, BufferApp, Facebook Publishing Tools
Why Work With Me?
- I care about my clients and want the best for their business. Their successes are a reflection of my work. I take pride in helping them succeed!
- Responsiveness and open communication is important. I practice both, daily.
- Highly experienced in the services I provide, I wouldn’t have it any other way.
- Easy-going and helpful. Attentive and able to anticipate a client’s needs.